Lead Designer | Mechanical Plant Design
We're searching for a Lead Designer specialized in mechanical
plant design with at least 10 years in process plant design.
The Lead Designer will, in general, work under the supervision of the Principal
Designer to produce project drafting deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- An approved diploma qualification of their discipline or directly related industry experience of 10
years in design.
- Demonstrate a good command of the English language and report writing skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical ability within the field of expertise.
- Effective supervision of design office personnel.
- Be proficient in the supervision of up to 10 subordinate personnel.
- Be proficient in the layout and detailing of materials handling and mine plant design in their
- Report against the project man hour budget and schedule for the areas.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment and have good communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of fabrication and construction techniques.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
- Check design drawings as required.
- Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft suite of software packages, including MSWord, Excel,
PowerPoint, AutoCAD and Projects.